If you’re a Derby resident and you’re not a member of a dental practice, you could be setting yourself up for costly dental treatment in the future. The role of the dentist is to keep your teeth and gums healthy with a view to preventing any serious dental problems from occurring. Fillings, extractions and painful treatments, such as root canal work, can all be avoided if you keep your teeth in good condition and visit a dentist regularly.
You’re not alone if you’re not currently registered with a local dental practice. According to the National Smile Month survey a large percentage of the population confess they don’t see a dentist regularly and many people admit they haven’t visited a dentist in the last 2 years! If you think it would be a good idea to find a new dentist, we’d like to help you make the right choice. Whether you’re suffering from tooth pain or you’d simply like to visit a dentist before tooth pain occurs, it’s a good idea to consider the following when enquiring about dental practices:
- Hygiene: Regular hygiene appointments will ensure your teeth are kept free from plaque and that any signs of gum disease are treated in the early stages. In its later stages, gum disease has been associated with heart failure, strokes and diabetes! These appointments will also help you maintain fresh breath. Many dental practices will include a couple of annual hygiene appointments in their dental plan.
- Restoration: Do you have any damaged teeth that you’d like restored back to their former condition. You’ll need a dentist who can expertly apply veneers and crowns.
- Orthodontics: Are you looking for a tooth straightening service, for you or your children? Here at the Raynesway Practice in Derby, we offer a number of different braces brands including reliable ceramic fixed braces, invisible lingual braces, innovative Invisalign braces and NHS traditional braces.
- Cosmetic treatments: Want to improve the look of your teeth? Then, you might like to explore the idea of a smile makeover, which will give you a more flattering smile. Your teeth will be examined on an individual basis with a view to providing you with a smile of which you can be proud. We also offer teeth whitening treatment and facially aesthetic procedures, such as anti-wrinkle injections.
- Dental Implants: If you’ve lost a tooth, or you need to have a tooth removed, a dental implant will provide you with a permanent replacement tooth.
We care deeply about our Derby patients, which is why we continually invest in our equipment and improving the skills of our team. We want you to benefit from the most cutting edge dental techniques and equipment. We can also recommend a trusted dental plan, should you want to pay back the cost of your treatment over a longer timeframe. To get in touch with our expert reception team and book an initial consultation with one of our dentists, please give us a call.