Invisalign is an incredibly versatile orthodontic treatment that suits a variety of patients with a range of needs. Our knowledgeable team at Raynesway Dental Centre have years of experience, and are experts in providing the highest level of service and patient care. Read More…
With 4 million customers worldwide the Invisalign system must be doing something right, but why are so many people in Derby choosing these pioneering clear braces over traditional metal braces? Read More…
Teeth which look healthy will naturally make us look more attractive. Think about the teeth of your colleagues. Out of all of them, who has the worst teeth; the least attractive smile? If you’re bringing a face to mind, it just goes to show you that we do remember a set of unattractive teeth. How do you feel about those teeth? Would it make you more or less likely to employ or befriend them?
Smile studies have shown that generally we’re more likely to be drawn to and captivated by an attractive smile consisting of clean, white teeth. We’re more likely to employ staff who have nice teeth and we’re more likely to reject somebody with unattractive teeth as a potential partner.
Here at the Raynesway Dental practice in Derby, we are passionate about improving smiles. To help you make the most out of yours, here are our top 10 tips for healthier, whiter teeth:
- Brush your teeth twice daily using a fluoride toothpaste. This might seem obvious, but a recent survey reported that a large percentage of the UK population regularly forgets to do this!
- Make one of those brushing sessions last thing at night. It’s not advisable to go to bed with food deposits remaining on your teeth. This has the potential to cause gum disease and tooth decay.
- Visit your hygienist for regular check ups. This will ensure that any food deposits which are left on your teeth are removed via a professional dental cleaning treatment.
- Use floss to reach the areas between your teeth.
- Teeth which are not straight often trap more food deposits than straight teeth. This is because unaligned teeth are more likely to have surfaces which are hard to reach with your toothbrush. Consider having braces, not only to create a more attractive smile, but also to make it easier to maintain the health of your teeth.
- If you have teeth which are chipped or cracked, consider having a veneer or even a crown to restore your smile.
- If your teeth are discoloured, a professional whitening treatment should brighten them by several shades.
- Don’t ignore potential gum problems. Gums that are swollen, or bleed when you brush your teeth require attention. Untreated gum disease can lead to tooth loss.
- If you have been experiencing toothache, don’t put off going to the dentist. The sooner the cause of your toothache is identified, the milder the repercussions may be.
- If you’re not sure what sort of treatment you need in order to achieve a more attractive smile, why not book a consultation with one of expert dentists? We’d be happy to examine your mouth with a view to suggesting the best possible course of action.
Looking after your teeth is easy, but in order to achieve great results, you need to be consistent by brushing twice daily and visiting your dentist regularly. Please get in touch with our friendly reception to book a consultation with us.
If you’re a Derby resident and you’re not a member of a dental practice, you could be setting yourself up for costly dental treatment in the future. The role of the dentist is to keep your teeth and gums healthy with a view to preventing any serious dental problems from occurring. Fillings, extractions and painful treatments, such as root canal work, can all be avoided if you keep your teeth in good condition and visit a dentist regularly.
You’re not alone if you’re not currently registered with a local dental practice. According to the National Smile Month survey a large percentage of the population confess they don’t see a dentist regularly and many people admit they haven’t visited a dentist in the last 2 years! If you think it would be a good idea to find a new dentist, we’d like to help you make the right choice. Whether you’re suffering from tooth pain or you’d simply like to visit a dentist before tooth pain occurs, it’s a good idea to consider the following when enquiring about dental practices:
- Hygiene: Regular hygiene appointments will ensure your teeth are kept free from plaque and that any signs of gum disease are treated in the early stages. In its later stages, gum disease has been associated with heart failure, strokes and diabetes! These appointments will also help you maintain fresh breath. Many dental practices will include a couple of annual hygiene appointments in their dental plan.
- Restoration: Do you have any damaged teeth that you’d like restored back to their former condition. You’ll need a dentist who can expertly apply veneers and crowns.
- Orthodontics: Are you looking for a tooth straightening service, for you or your children? Here at the Raynesway Practice in Derby, we offer a number of different braces brands including reliable ceramic fixed braces, invisible lingual braces, innovative Invisalign braces and NHS traditional braces.
- Cosmetic treatments: Want to improve the look of your teeth? Then, you might like to explore the idea of a smile makeover, which will give you a more flattering smile. Your teeth will be examined on an individual basis with a view to providing you with a smile of which you can be proud. We also offer teeth whitening treatment and facially aesthetic procedures, such as anti-wrinkle injections.
- Dental Implants: If you’ve lost a tooth, or you need to have a tooth removed, a dental implant will provide you with a permanent replacement tooth.
We care deeply about our Derby patients, which is why we continually invest in our equipment and improving the skills of our team. We want you to benefit from the most cutting edge dental techniques and equipment. We can also recommend a trusted dental plan, should you want to pay back the cost of your treatment over a longer timeframe. To get in touch with our expert reception team and book an initial consultation with one of our dentists, please give us a call.
Not all dentists are the same. I’m sure you’ve heard horror stories from people you know about which dentist not to visit. The reasons for their lack of good recommendation will inevitably stem from a bad experience that person has had as a patient at that practice. It only takes one bad experience; one instance of a particular dentist displaying a lack of customer care or unprofessional attitude and a clinic’s reputation can be damaged.
Invisalign is undoubtedly one of the most popular orthodontic systems currently available, especially with adults who want an effective but discreet teeth straightening option. But with so much information about Invisalign on the internet, it can be hard to separate fact from fiction.
This week, we’re becoming myth busters to set the record straight about Invisalign:
As we discussed in our last blog article about Invisalign, there’s a growing demand for discreet orthodontic solutions aimed at adults. As treatment times grow shorter and the choice of materials ever extends, there has never been a better time to get the straight teeth you’ve always wanted.
But what options are open to you? Clear braces? Ceramic braces? Fixed braces or lingual braces that fit behind your teeth? With more choice than ever before, we’ve put together a short guide to the teeth straightening options currently available through Raynesway Dental Centre in Derby:
If you’re considering orthodontic treatment, then you’re probably wondering what your options are as an adult wanting discreet teeth straightening. One of the most popular ‘invisible’ orthodontic options these days is Invisalign aligners. But how does Invisalign differ from braces?